From Invisible to Invaluable: Changing the Way We Think About Water Infrastructure
Communities across the country rely on aging water infrastructure systems in need of repair. Yet for too long, water has been the “unseen infrastructure.” We are at a critical moment in time when addressing U.S. water infrastructure must become a national priority.
To address this disconnect, the Value of Water Coalition hosted an in-depth conversation on the current condition of water infrastructure in the United States, the consequences of letting these failing systems worsen, and solutions to meeting the water challenges of today and tomorrow.
To view new research from the Coalition, click here.
To download the full video of the panel, click here (2.7 GB).
- Moderator: Cathleen Kelly, Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress
- Ed Pinero, Chief Sustainability Officer, Veolia North America
- George Hawkins, General Manager, DC Water
- Ken Kopocis, Senior Advisor for Water, U.S. EPA
- Mark Strauss, Sr. VP of Corporate Strategy and Business Development, American Water
- Tony Parrott, Executive Director, Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati
To join the conversation on water infrastructure, follow @TheValueOfWater and check out the hashtag #valueofwater.