Value of Water Coalition Communications Bootcamp
This event is part of the US Water Alliance's One Water Summit 2016.
Communicating the value of water and the importance of the often-invisible systems that bring it to and from homes and businesses is challenging. Educating and engaging community stakeholders and winning support from public officials for rate proposals and water projects requires a comprehensive communications strategy. A great strategy identifies your audiences, your strongest messages, and the most effective tactics for delivering that message. This communications workshop, developed by the Value of Water Coalition, is designed as an interactive, working session for communicators in the water sector to dissect and discuss content creation, social media engagement, media relations, and crisis communications. Through presentations, moderated Q&A, and breakout groups, attendees will build new skills and leave better equipped to tackle the communications challenges they face at home. Attendees are encouraged to come with specific questions and issues they are grappling with for discussion with peers.
Moderator: Abigail Gardner, Communications Director, US Water Alliance and Value of Water Coalition
- Lillian Govus, Director of Communications, City of Atlanta Department of Watershed Management
- Constance Haqq, Director of Administration & External Affairs, Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- John Lisle, Chief of External Affairs, DC Water
- Kip Peterson, Communications Manager, Kansas City Water Services
- Jeannie Smith, Manager of Community and Media Relations, Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District